Saturday, December 20, 2008

What I've Been Up To...

You might be thinking...
Christmas Cards
Cinnamon Walnuts
Shopping
Decking the Halls
Teacher Gifts
NOPE.
None of the Above.
THIS is what I've been up to...
Watching poor Tony carrying his "puke bucket" around for 3 days... what a trooper.
Taking Tony to the hospital for dehydration... mean, nasty, ugly flu.
Helping Tony navigate his first hospital visit, which included rectal thermometers, chest x-rays, IV fluids (after 2 failed attempts) and urine output monitoring.
Somehow I don't think he will be anxious to make a return visit, in spite of the Elmo sticker.
Feeling happy when Tony's 5 hour ordeal ended with a much perkier boy & a purple popsicle (that is, until he threw it up immediately upon arriving home)
Snuggling. Kissing. Comforting. Commiserating.

You know, sometimes a girls' gotta do what a girls' gotta do.

5 comments:

Rydgd said...

Sweet baby! Is he doing better?? I think you're in need of another Fetivus Miracle---one that shops, cleans, makes teacher gifts, etc...Hope baby is on the mend!

Sarah Norton said...

Those pictures are so sweet! Hope he's feeling better. I had to take care of my baby too. He even had his own puke bowl! He's on the mend tho. Hope it doesn't spread through your whole family!!! Love ya!

April said...

Oh, I hope you've all seen the last of it! Here's to a healthy Christmas (and more sleep)!

Jennie Blaser said...

I'm glad Tony is feeling a bit better, we sure missed you at the caroling! It was mucho funo.

Venetia said...

those pictures on the hospital bed totally reminded me of when ronnie went to the hospital with the same thing....that bleary look, the sock over the iv arm so he wouldn't pull it out. I got three whole days where I didn't have to chase him around at full speed. Enjoy it while it lasts. (p.s.Cameron has those same bear jammies!)