Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Festivus Miracle!

Mike & I found our kids the perfect wooden play set (for the perfect low price) on Craigslist, after much research & googling. Once we had made our purchase the reality began to set in...
HOW in the WORLD are we going to get the play set from point A to point B ???
Stress.
And then came Kent, Dave & Bob (with kids in tow) to our rescue. Our super hero friends helped Mike pick up the play set & transport it to our house on Bob's flatbed.

This was the scene as they pulled up.



Pause for Dave & Mike to de-spider-web... ewwwwww!

Kent, whom we now refer to as "The Man", skillfully maneuvered the play set UP & OVER our fence with his forklift.

The crew on the other side lifted the play set off the forklift & into our backyard...

and I didn't see my 3 youngest children until the sun went down...
Oh Happy Day!
Thank you Super Heroes.
ps - i'm still looking for the perfect thank-you gift, but haven't come across any "thanks for moving my play set with your mad skills" cards...

7 comments:

Sarah Norton said...

Thank you for blogging about that I was dying to see how it actually worked! We have amazing friends in our war,d don't we? I'll be brainstorming about the perfect thank-you gift!

Rydgd said...

I want to play! Those are some good peeps - glad it all worked out! :)

Heather Hill said...

Beck, you will love your playset. The two toys my kids have gotten their money's worth on are the trampoline and our playset. Just don't let them play under the slide. You may end up visiting Uncle Matt. By the way, I love your blog.

Liz said...

Wow...that's all I can say!

Jennie Blaser said...

So fun! I'll have to show Dave that he is officially 'super' -- maybe he'll believe me now! :)

eBay said...

I;m so glad you found the right swing set. Now looking at the logistics of moving it, it's probably good that my neighbor's didn't work out. How would you have gotten it out of that yard? Might men!!

Mandy Stewart said...

STRESS.... wow that was intense. What great friends