Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Valerie's birth

Well, I had the pleasure (ha ha) of being induced with my darling Valerie. I wanted to have a third VBAC, after successfully delivering McKay & Courtney in this manner. So, after being postponed a day due to maternity overcrowding, Mike & I headed to the hospital early in the morning on 9/30/04 to begin the induction...

I felt "ready" as my body had already started the process on its' own... shouldn't be long.... right?

My progress was very slow after beginning the Pitocin, so around noon (and at only 3 cm) I told Mike & my dad (in town from Michigan for the delivery) to go get some lunch so at least THEY wouldn't be hungry. Venetia (my pal) stayed behind to keep me company. It was a good thing. Thanks V.

Almost immediately after Mike & dad left things began to get CRAZY. Within 15 minutes I was feeling the urge to push... WHAT?

A quick phone call to Mike & dad in the Taco Bell drive thru around the corner from the hospital... HURRY, please hurry.

Everybody was scurrying, the doc was quickly called & after {checking things out} said, "okay, this baby is coming, it's time to push".

are you kidding me?

"Not Without My Husband!!!!!"

He said Mike better hustle because we might not have a choice, husband or no husband.

Dad dropped Mike off at the maternity entrance, he sprinted to our room and BADA BOOM * BADA BING... happy birthday Valerie!

Valerie Morgan Taylor
7 lbs 8 oz
20 inches


Dad parked & ran up in time to catch Valerie's first cry on the cell phone for mom back in Michigan (love you mom!!!)

The icing on top?

Within minutes of Valerie's birth, I got to eat a HOT taco. Seriously awesome.

extremely unflattering photo, but had to capture the moment
(do I seriously have man-hands?)

I feel so fortunate to have had Dad there to greet his 6th granddaughter and Venetia to encourage, cheer, videotape & especially ooh & aah.




Valerie, your birth was such a joy and that was surely indicative of what you bring to our lives on a daily basis.

We love you Val.

2 comments:

Sarah Norton said...

What a cute post! I love the pictures and your hair is so cute and spunky! Of course Val is the cutest baby ever! Glad you like my new blog look. It only took me the ENTIRE day to finally get it right! and I'm still missing a bunch of my web addresses!!! I love that you were on your computer at 5:45am! I also love the way you blog. I need to use more colors, fonts and sizes like you. Plus you are just funny!!!

Janell said...

I'm thrilled for you, but totally jealous of your calling! I LOVE THOSE GIRLS! :) Give them hugs for me, will you!?!?! They are SO GREAT!