Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Epic Fail + morning addition

Some days I question my sanity, ok MOST days I question my sanity... however every once in awhile there is a day that must be classified as
EPIC FAIL
...............
Sure I'll make 40 amazingly beautiful AND delicious cookies for our Young Womens meeting tonight (from a recipe I have never tried, but looks & tastes delicious in my mind)
Of course I'll make a "you are beautiful" sign to hang at the meeting (which I had planned on sewing {yes, out of fabric} but ended up being scrapbook paper on poster board...bleh)
and it's a early release day for school?
Well why wouldn't we invite
half the neighborhood over...

when the house is
unreasonably (and atypically) clean?

...............
So here I am
baking cookies, tweaking recipe, baking more cookies, tweaking recipe again, baking cookies, telling kids to get their paws off the cookies,
borrowing cream cheese from
Karen & Kristin, (seriously, thanks!)
breaking out in a cold sweat, tweaking recipe...

BREAKING
MY
BOSCH
(actually, just the beaters, but it still hurt)
...............
crying & cussing
(on the inside)

the cookies were finally made...
I thought,
"Hey! It's going to be ok."

until I took a stroll around my house and found
THIS
...............


And
THIS
...............

And actually, something like
THAT

in every room of my house


EPIC FAIL
by the way, Brooke, you're a gem and I heart you
...............
And, oh, did I mention that I rushed the cookies & sign over to the church at 8:05 with my 3 youngest, barefoot, half-naked, not-yet-fed children in tow (husband working late) for a meeting that started at 7:00 that I was supposed to be attending?
...........

**Morning After Addition... i woke up this morning with a realization
In my weary, dreary, beaten-down state last light, I failed to acknowledge the fact that the children (and me... there MAY have been some mid-cookie disaster dancing to some very catchy tunes) had a glorious day.
And... for the record, cleaning up the aftermath was nothing short of therapeutic. There's just something about picking up, sorting, distributing & re-organizing that gives me oooohhhhhhm.

2 comments:

Rydgd said...

Mama said there'd be days like this. I feel your pain. I think you need to go have a pedi and lunch today - you deserve it! :)

Sandy B said...

SOOOOOOO HUMMMMMMMM, SOOOOOOOO HUMMMMMMM - the cookies were fantastic (and this is coming from a huge red velvet, cream cheese, cookie fan!); the sign was just right, AND SO ARE YOU! xoxoxo