Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Farewell Friend

When Mike & I were first married (almost 18 years ago), we got this fantastic West Bend slow cooker. It has been with us through thick & thin. It has cooked us (and others) the most delectable meals, despite the chefs' shortcomings. It has been tried and true, my "go to" pot. So, you can imagine my dismay when...

It happened in the blink of an eye, as I was lifting the lid to check on our highly anticipated BBQ beef. And that was it. The end of my trusty crock. sigh.



1 comment:

Venetia said...

Wait, I don't get it! What DID happen to it? How could it shatter in a million pieces just by someone lifting its lid? Am I slow, or is something suspicious at work? What on earth will you do without one? (Wait, they sell them at Target. But this one was special.)